It completely makes sense how email marketing is growing by the day keeping in view its cost worthiness and measure-ability, among other specialties. Having said that, there are some challenges to be met while designing and carrying out an email marketing campaign.
Challenges of your email marketing campaign
Some challenges of your email marketing campaign include deliver ability and avoiding the spam traps etc. among others.
One of the major concerns of every email marketer is quality content. It sure decides the fate of your email marketing campaign. You are advised to focus primarily on the needs of your recipients and what they really are looking for. You are required to provide them valuable content which triggers their interest. But while you are on the task of conceptualizing such content, you should define what you have for them, what your business objectives are, On the basis of that you need to identify your target audience. Sending targeted emails to a selected group of audience works far better than sending in mass mail to a random and generic group of audience.
Along with the design of your email marketing campaign, you need to work on testing your efforts regularly. Before sending out your email marketing campaign test it by sending it to yourself and a few others in the staff. Judge its look and feel as an outsider. One helpful tip: keep an eye on what your competitors are doing.
Opt-in email marketing campaign are the most recommended, safe and result oriented. Try gaining more subscribers through different means, but never go in for opt-out email marketing. If your subscribers tend to unsubscribe from your campaign, try and get feedback from them for their reason of unsubscribing. Let them tell you what caused their unsubscription, whether it is irrelevant content or anything else.
Keep measuring your ups and downs. Your business is bound to all kinds of ups and downs just like any other aspect of life. But measuring your business performance will always help you in improving it.
email marketing lists do contain some of those inactive and unresponsive recipients. Some of us email marketers generally prefer to wait for their response. We are mostly unable to decide whether to keep them on our email marketing lists or discard them. So we silently wait, expecting them to respond at some time or in some way.
It’s time to get geared up and find out if this relationship is in any way going to be fruitful. If no action is taken, we may land up as spam for some of them. Even they may report us as spam or also might deteriorate the email metrics with lesser click throughs.
Some steps to deal with the unresponsive email marketing lists
So here are some steps to deal with the unresponsive ones
Take their opinion
- Plan a survey on your product or services just to know why they have lingered away from you.
- You might also ask them for their opinion on any improvement of your brand and your email marketing lists standards.
- This might trigger their desire to make a difference by giving an opinion. You can ultimately recapture their interest and get them back.
- If, in the worst case scenario, this doesn’t work, you always have the valuable information in the form of their feedback, as to why your brand could not make an impact on some of your recipients.
Try alluring them with special offers
- Design special and specific type of emails and offers pertaining to your recipients’ needs, location and the kind of society he/she lives in.
- Generalized kind of offers may fail to grab their attention.
- You can either offer them free stuff, like free concert tickets, apps, games or eBooks, etc.
Finally, call it off
- If all your efforts of retrieving them back are in vain, you have to let them go, to maintain a clean email marketing lists with interested prospective customers.
- Because that is the USP of Opt-In email marketing lists, maintaining the recipients who are interested and improving your chances of click through.
- Send your unresponsive recipients an email telling them that you are planning to remove them from your email marketing lists because of their lack of interest in you.
- Ask them to click on a reconfirmation link if they want to continue receiving your emails and let them know about what they might miss if they don’t.