This video takes you through steps of understanding what blacklists are, how they are harmful for your email marketing and how important it is to stay away from them. It also helps you with some tips to avoid getting trapped into black lists.
Its common knowledge that buying mailing lists is unethical and will be detrimental for a business in its future. It may perhaps bring some short term success but cannot help your cause in the long run.
Besides, it annoys the recipients who receive your emails even after not opting in to hear from you
Besides being unethical and frustrating, there are certain business risks associated with purchasing email lists for your campaign.
Why buying mailing lists is suicidal
- Purchased mailing lists could get you blacklisted: They might contain spam traps or old non functioning emails that may cause your company to be blacklisted.Also there are many companies which make use of services like spam reporting and black listed sender identifiers, which might result in your emails completely blocked by such companies.
- Increase bounce backs: When you buy an mailing lists, which might contain non functioning emails, the rate of bounce backs increases, sadly hurting your overall performance and your IP reputation.
- Downgrade of Sender score: When the bounce rate of any email campaign increases, the sender score of it downgraded .Such things might also result in the damage of your IP reputation. Sender score is an account of undeliverable messages and spam reports on a scale of 0-100. Low sender score restricts even the non spammy, opt in emails, from being delivered successfully.
On the contrary, there are many good ways to build your subscribe mailing lists.
- Use inbound marketing to grow your opt-in list: Build some interesting, relevant and useful content to attract the attention of potential buyers.Motivate them to subscribe to your stuff. And when they do subscribe, you know that they are interested and you can keep them included in all your future endeavors.
- Give them reasons to be with You need to show them that clear distinction between the subscribers and non subscribers, and what the latter ones are missing by providing them with various product offers,discounts, etc.
- Arrange events and concerts: Such type of events where people come to your show with prior interest becomes a platform for you to get your opt-ins. Get your visitors to fill sign-up forms and encourage them to join you.