Its common knowledge that buying mailing lists is unethical and will be detrimental for a business in its future. It may perhaps bring some short term success but cannot help your cause in the long run.
Besides, it annoys the recipients who receive your emails even after not opting in to hear from you
Besides being unethical and frustrating, there are certain business risks associated with purchasing email lists for your campaign.
Why buying mailing lists is suicidal
- Purchased mailing lists could get you blacklisted: They might contain spam traps or old non functioning emails that may cause your company to be blacklisted.Also there are many companies which make use of services like spam reporting and black listed sender identifiers, which might result in your emails completely blocked by such companies.
- Increase bounce backs: When you buy an mailing lists, which might contain non functioning emails, the rate of bounce backs increases, sadly hurting your overall performance and your IP reputation.
- Downgrade of Sender score: When the bounce rate of any email campaign increases, the sender score of it downgraded .Such things might also result in the damage of your IP reputation. Sender score is an account of undeliverable messages and spam reports on a scale of 0-100. Low sender score restricts even the non spammy, opt in emails, from being delivered successfully.
On the contrary, there are many good ways to build your subscribe mailing lists.
- Use inbound marketing to grow your opt-in list: Build some interesting, relevant and useful content to attract the attention of potential buyers.Motivate them to subscribe to your stuff. And when they do subscribe, you know that they are interested and you can keep them included in all your future endeavors.
- Give them reasons to be with You need to show them that clear distinction between the subscribers and non subscribers, and what the latter ones are missing by providing them with various product offers,discounts, etc.
- Arrange events and concerts: Such type of events where people come to your show with prior interest becomes a platform for you to get your opt-ins. Get your visitors to fill sign-up forms and encourage them to join you.
The other marketing techniques that we talk here about are of various kinds like website creation, banner ads, affiliate marketing, generating back links, etc. You may have an ample amount of success through email marketing but it is always better to employ more techniques to gain more success because, as it is said, the more the better. Marketing techniques can never be enough for your business, it is always the more, the better. It is not that you need to employ every marketing techniques known or available to you, it only means that you should be able to present your business interest from a few different perspectives. Let us understand the importance email marketing can be combined with other marketing techniques to give your business a boost.
Online marketing techniques produces powerful results
Some offline marketing techniques like television and radio ads combine with your online email marketing works fine for your business. It does not matter that these two techniques run in different streams, as long as they work for you and produce results, you do not mind associating them. Also message board participation and banner ads are good options to combine with your email marketing. A combination of these simple online activities produces powerful results for you business. So go on and purchase some banner ad space on websites, or participate in your industry’s relevant message boards to earn reputation and the interest of some potential clients. Your business also needs branding, and it goes a long way in determining your success. When your prospective customers keep on witnessing facts about your products and services, they have it preoccupied in their minds that they will utilize your stuff when any need arises.
While using the different forms of marketing together you need to be open eyed and aware of the effects of each of these strategies on your business, so that you can continue to utilize their effectiveness in future also. For the purpose of determining the effect of each marketing techniques individually, you need to make changes to one individual technique at a time and note the changes. This will also help you to discard the strategies which do not seem to work for you.
The value of ethics is very important for any email marketing campaign. It is the value of information that we aspire to provide to our recipients when they sign-up with us. The information, which is useful and relevant to them so that their effort of opting in does not lead them to receiving emails which they are uninterested in and eventually frustrate our recipients.
Email Marketing In A Professional Way
At this point I would like to bring in the importance of a well designed sign-up form which is the key to our opt-ins. When sign-up forms are designed and incorporated in our email marketing in a professional way, it leads to increased sign-ups, increasing our opt-in email lists. And we all know how important opt-in email lists are, to safeguard our campaign from being labeled as spam.
Consider these tips while incorporating sign-up forms in your email campaign, for better results.
- Persuade your prospects with a line or two which catches their eye. Be convincing enough for them to trust you with their contact information. Call them strongly and let them know what valued information or benefits you have for them. Provide them with a few citations of your work history which might interest them.
- Give them the offer of providing added incentives like discount coupons, bonuses, free stuff of their interest, etc. However, you will have to provide the same to them in your message in the form of extra links or coupon codes.
- A design which is simple helps a lot. Many subscribers get skeptical about signing-up when they find the form tough to understand and grasp. Try to request as minimum information as possible. Asking only the most required information, such as the first name and the email ID is a good thing. Also keep your privacy statement clear on your from and make your subscriber understand that their information is safe.
- Last but never the least, the visual position of your form is very important. The more your form is visible to your subscribers, the more they tend to give it a shot. Consider positioning your sign-up form in the most apparent position of the page. Try to give your subscriber the most exposure to your form in order to gain their subscription, some place where they are bound to see (for example the top of the page).